Istana is a Malay and Indonesian word meaning 'Palace'.
Travel back in time to celebrate the Art, Soul & Romance of ‘old’ Malaya -
in three 200 year old Terengganu Heritage Kampong Houses →, that have been crafted - by using a sophisticated architectural vocabulary rich in symbolism and a blend of traditional and contemporary styles and materials - into one.
Browse through our private collection and the 'Malay world' aesthetic with wood-carved pieces – furniture, architectural panels, doors, windows, friezes, 'Indonesian-Chinese' wedding beds; ethnic textiles; brass 'Dragon' gongs, bells and 500 year-old ceramic jars that tell stories of tribes, master craftsmen, shipping wars, unique experiences and start planning your own 'Story to Share'
Embraced by lush jungle foliage, you will wake up to the orchestra of jungle birds, frogs and crickets, and as you unwind on your private verandah, you get to spot squirrels and monkeys jumping from tree to tree.
The Walkway & Wakaf
The Serambi Dining Room
The Living Room
The 'Wan Ali' Master Suite
Bedroom 2 with 'Moon Deck'
The Saltwater Swimming Pool
The Blue Room
- - Saltwater Swimming Pool
- - Televisions, Astro, NETFLIX, DVD players
- - Wi-Fi, Telephone
- - Library, Board Games, Books, CDS & DVDs
- - Gym, Sauna, In-room Massage, Alfresco showers
- - Alfresco Dining
- - Outdoor Furniture
- - Gated Property
- - Air-conditioning
- - Mini-Bar, Kettle, Tea and Coffee
- - En-Suite Bathrooms with hot and cold water, Shower, Bathtub, Hair Dryer
- - Slippers, Dressing Gowns
- - Fresh Floral Arrangements
- - Fresh Fruit Basket and Filtered Drinking Water
- - Safe Deposit Box
- - Local Newspapers on request